If you are wanting to add more beets in your diet, this beet salad recipe works perfectly.
Personally, fresh beets are just too ‘earthy’ for me to eat plain! Pickled beets are pretty good, but that means eating lots of extra sugar that I would rather avoid.
So, I developed this recipe that is just the right amount of natural sweetness to mask the ‘earthy’ beet taste!
- 2-3 medium sized fresh beets
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1/4+ head of cauliflower
- 1/2 can of pineapple
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2+ Tablespoons of Vegenaise
- Grind all the veggies into small pieces.
- Toss together in medium to large bowl. Add enough juice from the pineapple to sweeten the salad to your liking.
- Add a couple tablespoons of vegenaise to achieve the creaminess of your choice.
I have also made this recipe using left over zucchini in addition to the other ingredients — and it turned out equally as good!