If you like chocolate and Christmas Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies, I have a great recipe for you today!
Our featured recipe is part of a series of holiday cookies we are posted for the month of December. The original recipe appeared on Mom’sLA blog by Yvonne Condes.
- 1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour (I used King Arthur multi-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Almond Flour or Garbanzo Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Xantham gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with canola oil spray.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, almond meal, xantham gum, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula and then add vanilla. Beat for a few seconds.
- Add the chocolate chips and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture slowly and mix on low until combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto the parchment paper leaving a little space in between. (You can also roll the batter into balls, but the cookie dough will be sticky.)
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Let cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store in a covered container or freeze until Christmas.
Check out the original recipe as Yvonne posted many pictures of her processl!
So, what is your favorite holiday cookie recipe? Send them to me at GFDFSandy (at) gmail.com and we will post them here — just as long as they are Gluten Free and Vegan!!