In keeping with our Holiday Cookie theme, I have found a wonderful no-bake Coconut Snowball cookie recipe. If you like coconut, you will love this recipe.
But before I list the recipe, I would like to ask how many of my readers LOVE Christmas cookies? How many of you have a special Gluten Free Vegan recipe you would like to share with us? If you share your special recipe, I will add your name into a drawing to receive a FREE copy Lindsay Nixon’s newest cookbook: Happy Herbivore Abroad
Back to our Coconut ‘No-Bake’ Snowballs …. This recipe is featured on The Kitchn website/blog.
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Place 1 cup of shredded coconut in a food processor along with the coconut oil. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides periodically, until it reaches a spreadable, paste-like consistency. (It does not have to be completely smooth like butter; some texture is good.)
- Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and process until well combined. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut and pulse until just combined.
- Shape the mixture into 12 (1-inch) balls and coat with the remaining shredded coconut. Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to a week. Bring to room temperature before eating.
Make sure to email your Gluten Free Vegan Holiday Cookie recipe to me before December 24 to get your name in the drawing