Pancakes are a special favorite of mine. I love to try different types and recipes — Gluten Free Vegan, of course! I found this Fruity Gluten Free Pancake recipe on One Green Planet’s website and immediately fell in love with it.
Using fruit in recipes eliminates the need for adding sugar — a big plus in my book!! With the fruit and the nuts along with the dry ingredients makes this a very nutritious pancake!
|Fruity Gluten Free Pancakes||
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 medium banana, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup gluten-free flour, (I used brown rice flour)
- ⅓ cup dry oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Vegetable spray
- Blend first 4 ingredients in a blender and let it sit for a few minutes
- Add the gluten-free flour and dry oats into the blender for a few seconds until everything is blended.
- Add baking soda, powder, and cinnamon, and vanilla. Add more water (or soy milk) if you think the mixture is too thick.
- Heat your pan or griddle over medium high heat. Spray some vegetable spray, and pour about 1/4 cup of this fruity pancake batter in the pan. Be sure to allow enough space between the pancakes. When you notice bubbles appearing on the top of the pancakes, flip them. It helps if you spray some veggie spray in the pan or griddle while the pancake on the spatula.
Since I am allergic to flax seeds and almonds, I would probably substitute Chia seeds and walnuts or pecans. And I would top with Coconut Nectar Syrup — yummm …. I think I’ll go to the kitchen and whip up a batch of these for lunch!!