Gluten Free Cornbread is a staple in my book! It is the one ‘quick bread’ that is typically easy to make and seldom (if ever) flops! (You know how that Gluten Free baking can be!!).
When I came across this Gluten Free Vegan Cornbread, I knew I had to share it …
Gluten-Free Vegan CornbreadAuthor: Amanda MaguireServes: 9Ingredients
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs ground flax, 6 Tbs water)
- 1/2 C. Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C. Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 C. Finely Ground Cornmeal
- 1 Tbs. Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 C. Organic Sugar
- 1 C. Non-Dairy Milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 C. Coconut Oil, Melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Combine the ground flax seeds and water to make ‘flax eggs’. Stir and set aside for a couple of minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten-free all-purpose flour, garbanzo bean flour, cornmeal, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt.
- Add the ‘flax eggs’, sugar, non-dairy milk, and coconut oil to the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (do not over-mix).
- Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut into pieces, and serve!
I love that this recipe uses Garbanzo bean flour — adds extra protein, tastes and texture to the Cornbread! If you are looking for Garbanzo bean flour, check out the links below: