Gluten Free Crepes are such a delicacy! I love the image of a thin sweet pancake wrapped around an array of strawberries, raspberries or huckleberries — topped with a bit of sprinkled powdered sugar! What an image!!
Luckily, Living Without recently published a recipe to makes this little delicacy — Gluten and Dairy Free! the article makes several suggestions for filling, which I am sure would be tasty as well, but I still prefer my with berry filling.
So here is our featured recipe …
½ cup gluten-free flour blend
½ cup milk of choice (dairy, rice, soy,
¼ cup warm water
1½ tablespoons sugar or 1 tablespoon honey or agave
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons grape seed oil or melted coconut oil + more for pan
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Do not over-mix or batter will become foamy.
2. Pour batter into a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
3. Using a paper towel, wipe the inside of a well-seasoned 6- to 8-inch crêpe pan, cast iron or non-stick skillet with a small amount of oil. Place pan over medium heat.
4. Stir the batter and pour 2 tablespoons into the pan, tilting to coat the bottom with a very thin layer of batter. Cook just until the top is set and edges are slightly browned. Turn crepe over and cook the other side until it’s lightly browned. Cook remaining crepes, stirring the batter before each one.
5. Place finished crêpes between sheets of parchment or waxed paper. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use. Reheat gently in microwave or in preheated 325-degree oven.
Living Without is one of my favorite magazines. Especially written for folks who need to “living without” certain foods, this full color magazine is filled with recipes, cooking tips and many Gluten and Dairy substitutions.
If you don’t read this magazine regularly, you are really missing out. You can order via the link below: