I am a big noodle lover even after I changed my diet to Gluten Free noodles. I find that there are some many good Gluten Free noodles available — each with their own wonderful distinct taste. So of course, I was excited to find this Gluten Free Sesame Noodle recipe on Chef Amber Shea’s blog.
Almond Butter Sesame Noodles
- FOR THE ALMOND BUTTER SAUCE: 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- FOR THE NOODLES: 2 (12-ounce) bags kelp noodles, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled if desired and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry cashews (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, carrot, and bell pepper. Add the almond butter sauce and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, until chilled, or serve immediately. Garnish with the green onion, cashews, and sesame seeds just before serving.
In the picture above, Chef Amber has served the Sesame noodles over soba noodles, but any spaghetti style noodles would work (check out the list of substitutions — including veggie noodles — on her original post). And since I cannot eat almonds, I would use Peanut butter rather than almond butter — making sure my peanut butter did not include extra ingredients like sugar!!
Check out Chef Amber’s original recipe for more substitutions to this nutritious and versatile dish!