I love fresh raw salads! Every year, I look forward to spring and summer when I can find wonderfully fresh organic (when possible) veggies!
And because of my love of raw veggies, I have developed numerous recipes — mostly ‘spin offs’ from popular recipes — for my veggies!!
Last week, I made this “Healthy Coleslaw” that my husband has voted as one of his favorite salads!
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup of small sprouts such as broccoli or cabbage sprouts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 raisins
- Water or alternative milk
- 6-8 drops of stevia
- Mixed all the veggies, sprouts, seeds and raisins in a large bowl.
- Add enough Vegenaise to cover the veggies to your liking. Add a bit of water and stevia to thin and add some sweetness (the number of drops depends on the bitterness or lack of in the cabbage).
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours to mix flavors -- or just eat as is!
Simple to make and well liked for anyone who loves raw veggies! Great for potlucks as well!!