I received an email from a reader asking about Jules new flour blend.
For those who were not aware, Jules Shepard started a new company and with the change, she also improved her flour blend.
Here is the message I received from my reader:
You wrote a email back awhile ago that said the following: “My new flour, which is the exact same blend as before, is non-GMO, is certified gluten-free and Kosher, and performs like an all purpose flour should. ”
I was not aware that you were using non-GMO ingredients previously! Can you tell us more about the non-GMO ingredients in your new flour blend?
Of course, I emailed Jules and asked about her new flour blend. Here is her response:
In changing production facilities, I re-reviewed all my raw ingredients and suppliers and took the opportunity to make a tiny tweak to my flour that I think makes it even better! I also switched some ingredients to ensure non-GMO status ingredients. My new flour has an extended shelf life of 18 months and we also are packaging it into two bags instead of one large one, so folks can keep one sealed while they work with the other one, keeping the other bag fresher! Each individual ingredient is either non-GMO verified or certified by the manufacturer to be made without gmo ingredients. I hope that helps!
According to her website, this is the info I have on the new blend:
- Also wheat-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free
- Works in nearly every recipe
- Now non-GMO
- Made with only premium modified tapioca starch, potato starch, corn starch, corn flour, white rice flour, and xanthan gum
- Longer 18-month shelf life
- Produced in facility certified free of the Top 8 allergens
- 2 sealed inner pouches keep flour fresher longer
- Guaranteed to make you happy (really happy)
Makes me happy! How about you??
PS. You might want to check out her website for some wonderful recipes!