We don’t use many prepared foods, but we do have some can products (in particular) that I like to keep on hand for last minute meals.
- Amy’s Organic Soups — I LOVE Amy products, but I especially like her Split Pea Soup, Chunky Vegetable Soup and her Lentil Vegetable Soup.
- Amy’s Organic Bean Mixes — Amy’s makes a wonderful Refried Black Bean and Black Bean Chili that we frequently buy in case lots. Either one of these bean mixes makes a wonderful base for Vegan Tacos (we are allergic to pinto beans, so use black bean products instead. Amy also has pinto bean products.)
- Organic Corn — I like to keep this on hand so I know I have organic canned corn not GMO corn!
- Black Olives — Great addition to lots of dishes is Black Olives
- Organic Tomato Products — I use Diced Tomatoes or Diced Tomatoes with Onion & Garlic in many of the dishes I make as well as Tomato Sauce
- Organic Marinara Sauce — Amy’s, once again, is a favorite Marinara Sauce
I also keep some processed Dry Products on my shelves. They are:
- Dried Mushrooms — mostly for convenience
- Quinoa Spaghetti — lots of other gluten free noodles are available, but quinoa is my favorite
- Gluten Free Cereal such as Rice Chex or Granola (I am not going to list any as I have to be very careful which brands I buy due to my almond and sunflower seed allergy!)
- Mary Janes Farm Dried Organic Black Bean Chili Flakes — great ‘seasoning’ for Mexican dishes.
- Salsa Seasoning — we use Oregon Spice, and we order it from our local health food store
- Spinach Dip — also from Oregon Spice. Makes a great potato topper or chip dip.
I also like to keep the following on hand that needs to be kept in the Refrigerator or Freezer:
- Mixed Stir Fry Veggies — quick easy meal (I like the big bags from Costco)
- Mixed Fruit — I like the tropical blends with pineapple, mango, papaya and strawberries
- Gluten Free Bread — various kinds
- Grapeseed Vegenaize — sandwiches, salad dressing, dips etc.
- Earth Balance — toast mostly
- Coconut Aminos — I use it like soy sauce and it is the secret ingredient in my homemade salad dressing!
- Organic Catsup — love this on home baked french fries
- Food for Life Organic Sprouted Corn Tortillas — we eat lots of tacos!!
- Misc. pickles, pickle relish often bought at the local farmers market or Bubbies brand.
A few more things we keep around that don’t fit any category in particular
- Coconut oil — I use it to fry everything and anything — especially my popcorn!!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil — for salads or anything that does not need cooking
- Thai Kitchen Pure Coconut Milk — Just Thai, no other brand, for desserts, whipped cream, soups, smoothies …
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother) — only vinegar I use (and don’t use much of that!)
- Organic Lemon Juice — when I don’t have fresh lemons around.
- Organic Raisins — for my salads!
- Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
- Kirkland Organic Tortilla Chips — from Costco
So now that you know what is in My Pantry, what types of foods do you keep in your pantry?