In one of my last posts, I included a list of Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipes. Well, today, I found this No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe!! And it does not include soy or tofu!!
The recipe is from Laura Friendly‘s Gluten and Dairy free blog/website.
- GF & DF Crust: 12 dates, pits removed, soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained
- (save water)
- 4 to 6 tbsp date water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling: 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- (or to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- GF & DF Crust: In a blender or food processor add the dates, date water and salt. Blend until it becomes a paste. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the almonds and pulse until they become a coarse meal.
- Add in the date paste and coconut oil and pulse until the mixture starts to mold together.
- Transfer mixture into a 9-in. springform pan. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and about 1.5-in. up the sides.
- Place pan into the freezer and allow to chill before adding the filling (about 10 minutes).
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling: In a blender or food processor, add cashews, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, vinegar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. note: if the mixture is too thick to blend, add coconut milk, 1 tbsp at a time, until the mixture thins slightly
- Pour mixture into the chilled pie crust, smoothing out the top. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, or overnight.
- Before serving, gently run a knife around the edge of the springform pan, before unlocking it.
My husband is a big pumpkin and a big cheesecake lover!! I’ll bet I will be making this recipe soon!
If you like this recipe or this blog, please share it with your friends by clicking one of the links below.