I really enjoy finding raw food recipes, so when I found this Raw Chocolate Caramel Bars — I got really excited. RAW and CHOCOLATE!! What more could I ask for ….
The Rawsome Vegan Life shares lots of great recipes, so make sure to check out her website …. and I understand she is soon coming out with a cookbook! Can’t wait!!
- 1 cup almonds or other nuts
- 1 cup dates
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dates
- Chocolate cream:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup preferred liquid sweetener
- To make the crust: process the almonds into flour in your food processor, then add the dates and process until it all begins to stick together. Press into the bottom of a lined baking pan (I used a small bread pan) and refrigerate.
- To make both the caramel and mocha layers: just blend the ingredients in each list until smooth. Feel free to add other flavours like vanilla, chili , ginger, etc. Spread the caramel onto your crust, followed by the chocolate cream. Refrigerate until completely set; this will take a couple hours.
Fairly simple recipe to enjoy such a decadent dessert!
Emily from The Rawsome Vegan Life has a cookbook in the works, due to be release in March of next year:
I’ll keep in touch and let you know when her cookbook is published! It should be a winner!!