Snickerdoodles are an all time favorite cookie for the Christmas holidays (Of course, next to sugar cookies, sour cream cookies, Mexican wedding cakes, gingerbread cookies …. ).
Finding Gluten Free Vegan versions of these lovely little gems is not always easy, so I am going to do my best to post our favorite cookies Gluten Free Vegan style!!
Today’s featured cookie, Snickerdoodles, is from Kelly with Foodie Fiasco. Kelly not only has a great blog, but she is only 14 years old!! OMG — go Kelly!!
- 2 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoon mashed banana or applesauce (I prefer banana.)
- pinch salt
- sweetener to taste (I use one packet of stevia.)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cream of tartar (for authenticity, optional)
- 2 Tablespoon almond milk
- 2 teaspoons erythritol (or stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the erythritol and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cream of tartar, if using.
- Add in applesauce or mashed banana and vanilla extract and stir.
- Add in almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, until fully incorporated, and sweeten to taste.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined-baking sheet and roll into balls.
- Roll a ball of dough into the erythritol-cinnamon mixture until evenly coated and return to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough balls and then flatten the dough into cookie shapes with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for about 15 minutes, or until hardened. Let cool before scarfing them all down.
So, what do you think?? Pretty good for a 14 year old!!
What is your favorite Gluten Free Vegan Christmas cookie? Wanna share it with us? Just email me at GFDFSandy (at) gmail.com
In the meantime, share this post with your friends!!