Okay, I know that Peanut Butter Cookies are not a traditional Christmas Cookie, but I could not resist this wonderful recipe from Earth Balance.
Earth Balance products have changed my life!! If you have not tried them, I suggest you do!!
- 1 cup Earth Balance® Coconut Spread
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated cane sugar
- 3 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed with 4 tbsp of water
- 2 tsp of gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups Earth Balance® Natural Peanut Butter, crunchy or creamy
- 3 cups Jules Gluten Free™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together Earth Balance® Coconut Spread, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg replacer and vanilla, then mix in peanut butter until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Mix dry mixture into wet mixture, in three separate additions, beating well after each addition.
- Measure one teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll the ball in the sugar and place on cookie sheet. Repeat, placing the balls about 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie using a fork, pressing once across the cookie, then again, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Store cooled cookies in airtight containers
What makes these a Special Holiday Peanut Butter Cookie? Well, first, the recipe uses Earth Balance Coconut Spread! Doesn’t that sound yummy?
And to make this extra special, I would roll them in COLORED sugar. Won’t that be fun??
Have some great holiday cookie recipes? Wanna share them? Email them to me at GFDFSandy (at) gmail.com and I will feature them here!