Great Irish St Patrick’s Day Recipe, Gluten Free Vegan Irish Rarebit, to go alone with the St. Patrick’s Day dinner! Tomatoes add a special touch to this famous dish!
Personally, I have never tried Rarebit, but it does sound very interesting!
Gluten Free and Vegan Irish Rarebit
• 4 tablespoons of your favorite margarine or vegetable spread
• 4 tablespoons gluten free flour
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup of almond milk (or soy milk, if you prefer it, though it might affect the taste)
• 1 teaspoon gluten free Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon Agave Syrup
• 1 cup of your favorite vegan, gluten free beer (Green’s is our favorite!)
• 2 cups grated Daiya vegan cheddar cheese shreds
• 1 loaf of your favorite gluten-free bread
• 4 tomatoes
If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I advocate coconut nectar syrup rather than agave syrup. Here where you can order it should you wish to try it in this recipe: