Salads are a great summer meal for a Gluten Free Vegan — but without a good salad dressing, a salad can be short of great.
Frustrated with the options available in the stores, I resorted to making my own dressing. Actually, this is a short cut dressing — not complete homemade. But I and my husband (along with others) love it.
Before I was Gluten Free and Vegan, Ranch was my favorite dressing, so I wanted something creamy. Here is what I came up with:
- Fill a pint jar about 3/4 full with GRAPESEED OIL VEGENAISE (we are a soy free — or as close as we can get to soy-free — household, so prefer the grapeseed variety of vegenaise)
- Add about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Add about 2 tablespoons of Coconut Aminos
- Mix in your favorite seasoning. I like to add lots of herbs, onion, garlic, spinach flakes etc.
- Shake well. If mixture is too thick, thin with a bit of water of milk substitute. Mixture tends to thicken up in the refrigerator.
I have used this dressing on nearly ALL the salads I make whether they are leaf lettuce based salads or just mixed veggies. It has always been a big hit at potlucks — even for non-vegan eaters!
For more Vegan salad dressings, check on the 25 recipes compiled by the Raw Vegan Power website.
The list here includes the following recipes:
- Crunchy Green Salad with Lime Avocado Dressing
- Creamy Tri-Pepper Dressing
- Raw Ranch Dressing
- Raw Red Pepper Caesar Salad Dressing
- Raw Vegan Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
- SRV SuperHero Stacker with Lemon-Chia Dressing
- Creamy Tahini Dressing
- Almond Ginger Dressing
- Spring Salad with Italian Herb Dressing
- Creamy Herb Dressing
- 3 ingredient pink dressing
- Mango mustard dressing recipe
- Ranch Dressing or Dip
- Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Raw, Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Fresh Dill Salad Dressing
- Vegan Ranch Dressing Made from Cashews
- Raw Vegan Roma Tomato and Tahini Dressing
- Raw and Vegan Creamy Salad Dressing Recipe
- Cherimoya Ranch Dressing
- Raw Spinach Walnut Dressing Sauce
- Vegan and Almost Raw Caesar Salad Dressing
- Yeast Free Basil and Garlic Salad Dressing
- Lemongrass Dressing
- Creamy Lemony Garlicky Salad Dressing
Do you have a favorite Vegan Salad Dressing recipe you would like to share with us?