Becoming Vegan was pretty easy for me. I have always loved vegetables — I was one of those strange kids would would rather eat a salad than most anything else. As an adult, I have extended my menu beyond the salad into Veggie Stir Fry amongst other veggie dishes.
Veggie Stir Fry is easy to make and does not need any special ingredients! Usually, I just use what veggies I have on hand. However, I will list my basic recipe:
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 large onion, cut into strips
- 1-2 potatoes, cut into rounds, and cut in half again
- 1/2 sweet potato or yam (a whole one if they are small)
- 1-2 carrots, sliced
- 1-2 stalks of celery, cut up with leaves included
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- Heat coconut oil in wok or large fry pan.
- Add ingredients in order list, putting zucchini aside.
- Stir on medium high heat for a couple minutes while you add all the veggies
- Turn heat down to medium low and cover for about 7 minutes
- Stir well and add zucchini, cover and cook another five minutes
- Uncover and cook until veggies are done to your liking and serve!
This recipe is very versatile because you can add any vegetables you have in your refrigerator and pantry. Some of the other veggies I have used:
- Sliced Mushooms
- Summer squash
- Bell Peppers
Sometimes, I have even added pre-cooked beans and/or lentils to add more protein.
Now, how is that for an easy nutritious dish?